Helping Federal Employees and Annuitants Understand Their Benefits


Contact Us

General Contact Information


Contact us by Email, Telephone or Snail mail

We take our customer care very seriously. While our aim is to make our website easy to understand, and navigate we know there are times when you may need a bit of assistance.



This web site and Bookhaven Press LLC are not affiliated with OPM or any federal or military offices. If you need assistance with personnel or retirement issues that require HR or personnel actions contact your agency's personnel office. Retiree's must contact OPM's retirement services. Do not send official forms and documents to us, those items must be sent to the appropriate federal entity for review and processing. If you have specific questions about benefits, finance, and retirement in general visit our FAQ page or Sitemap and you can contact our Forum hosts via email to ask them specific questions that need further clarification.


For customer support or assistance:

We typically respond to your email inquires within 48 hours, during regular business hours.

Snail Mail:

CAUTION: We are not affilated with OPM or any government entity. If you have official correspondence concerning your annuity and benefits send them to OPM's retirement center. Their address is U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Retirement Operations Center, Post Office Box 45, Boyers, PA 16017.

Send your inquiries concerning questions about this site and its content to

Retiree Master Contact List


The following list of key contacts, with links to comprehensive guidance, is available for your use. Bookmark this page so you can easily find the contacts you need to manage your annuity and benefits. Print out a copy of this list and place it in your personal retirement file with your important paperwork for easy reference. You may also send the file or make copies for all federal employees and annuitants.


  • OPM – Retirees must contact OPM to initiate changes to their benefits, change allotments or direct deposit, report an annuitant’s death, or to obtain duplicate 1099-R tax forms and request other services.

    Web Address:, E-Mail:
    toll free 1-888-767-6738 (weekdays between 7:30 AM to 7:45 PM EST), fax requests to 1-724-794-6633, or email questions to . Call early in the day if possible to get through and you must have your retirement claim number or Social Security number available. OPM advises that "the internet is not a secure environment for transmitting personal information via email.  Replies via email typically take 15 days or more.

    ON-Line Services: Federal retirees can sign up for online support, add or change allotments, purchase savings bonds, print out duplicate 1099-R statements, and view monthly pay statements at You must obtain a user ID from OPM to access this site. If you call their number and give them your CSA number they will send you a user ID and password to access this excellent site.
    Direct Deposit forms and instruction: visit for downloadable forms, mailing address and procedures.

NOTE: Click on the program title for detailed information about each subject.

  • FEGLI  (1-800-633-4542) Call for life insurance benefits information or to report a death.
  • Medicare (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for assistance.
  • Social Security (1-800-772-1213) or visit
  • TSP (Thrift Savings Plan) 1-877-968-3778, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST. Web Site:
  • FEHB Programs and Contact Numbers: Call your provider direct, a contact number is printed on your benefits card and in plan brochures.
  • Federal Records Center:  (314) 801-9250, FAX: 314-801-9269. The Federal Records Center is the depository for official personnel folders of persons no longer in the Federal service. Federal agencies, generally, transfer employment records to the Federal Records Center thirty days after the employee has been separated from Federal service. No requests for information from personnel or any other type of records will be accepted by telephone or e-mail. The mailing address and guidance is available online.
  • Survivors Guide: Print out the Survivor’s Guide and place a copy with your important papers.

Horizonal bar

Contact Form:




Please send any specific information about your request so we can direct it to the appropriate people:

What kind of comment would you like to send?

Complaint Problem Suggestion Praise

What about us do you want to comment on?


Enter your comments in the space provided below:

Tell us how to get in touch with you:

Please contact me as soon as possible regarding this matter.